Don Brecken is management faculty and southwest Michigan business adviser for Ferris State University on the Grand Rapids, MI campus. Don is also a consulting business improvement auditor and principle at Quality Consulting Services, LLC. Don's background includes quality leadership, continuous improvement, operations learning and development, management consulting, quality auditing, management system implementation, safety program implementation and management, and business improvement auditing.
Don is a Fellow of the American Society for Quality (ASQ), a past Chair of ASQ Section 1001 (Grand Rapids), Director for ASQ Region 10, Examination Chair for the Education Division of ASQ, and served on the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Board of Examiners in '04, '05, and '07. He is an ASQ Certified Manager of Quality and Organization Excellence (CMQ/OE) and RAB/QSA Certified Business Improvement Auditor (QMS-BI).
Don earned his MBA in Strategic Management from Davenport University’s Sneden Graduate School. He has three undergraduate degrees in business with a Technical Specialty in Quality Leadership.
Don also instructs graduate and undergraduate courses in quality management, strategic management, operations management, and leadership at Davenport and Ferris State Universities.
• Fellow of the American Society for Quality (ASQ)
• RAB/QSA Certified Business Improvement Auditor (QMS-BI)
• ASQ Certified Manager of Quality and Organization Excellence (CMQ/OE)
• ISO/AS9100 Management Representative
• 2004, 2005, 2007 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Examiner
• MBA in Strategic Management
• Three undergraduate degrees in business
• Technical Specialty in Quality Leadership
• Instructor/Business Program Advisor at Ferris State University
• Published Author